My Weekly Favorites!
This is the start of a new series on my blog about my weekly favorites. While I foresee the majority of my weekly favorites will be beauty related, you will also see other lifestyle items. This could include fashion, food, travel-related items or places, etc. My week will begin on a Saturday in this case 8/6 and end on Friday which for this week is 8/12.
I will always begin with my favorite beauty items since that is what my blog and social media channels first featured. Then, we will move to other categories. This week was an interesting week as I was traveling at the BlogHer conference in Los Angeles for part of the week. I came home on Monday. I will be featuring some of the products that I received during my travels as I have wanted to try them out immediately.
- Cetaphil Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer (Amazon, $10.29)
- One area on my body with eczema (my left elbow) can be painful and itchy. I haven’t found a product that has alleviated the itching and pain. Last week, I was invited to an influencer event for Cetaphil and learned about their entire skincare line. This product was not in our swag bag but the PR representative allowed me to take this along with the body wash. While I was traveling, I began using the moisturizer. It definitely soothed my skin. I have been using it twice daily and can see this becoming a regular part of my routine which is why this is the first of my weekly favorites. I can’t wait to begin using it along with the Cetaphil Eczema body wash to see how well they work in combination with each other.
- DermaE Microdermabrasion Scrub (Ulta, $29.99)
- A deluxe sample of this product was received from DermaE booth at the BlogHer Expo Hall. The only product I have tried from the brand is their Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser. The microdermabrasion product claims to buff skin to diminish fine lines and acne scars. While I can’t say that I have seen any progress on my fine lines, it definitely makes my skin feel smooth when I use it. Another positive is this product is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, lanolin-free, gluten free, GMO-free according to the product website. I would like to try more from this brand.
- Laura Geller Baked Balance-n-Brighten in Medium (Ulta, $33.00)
- Typically, I am usually not the biggest fan of powder foundation and have had this in my makeup collection for quite awhile. I was having a lazy makeup week this week being tired from traveling so I pulled this out to give it a try and ended up using it every morning. Why did I wait so long? This really evened out my skin but didn’t look cakey as some other powder foundations I have tried. It lasted all day without having to touch up except one day when I had an evening event and just wanted to freshen up. I applied the foundation with my It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Brush.
- Nars Blush in Orgasm (Sephora, $30.00)
- Nars blushes are one of my favorite formula. In fact, if you have watch my YouTube channel, you will see that I love the Nars line in general. It has been awhile since I have used Orgasm in a long time and I found myself wearing it daily. Orgasm makes me look awake when I am tired. It gives my skin a sheen so there was no need to use highlighter.
- Maybelline Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint in Stripped Down (Walmart, $6.96)
- To cap my easy makeup week, I wore the new Color Jolt in Stripped Down. This is a beautiful natural nude color that is not too light or dark. Maybelline claims that these lip paints have 8x more pigment in every drop. While I can’t prove their claims, I like how the product performs. This is the only shade I have of the Color Jolt line; however, I will buy a couple more. This only negative is they are pricey for drugstore makeup and the amount of product you receive.
- J.W. Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live
- This was the host hotel for the BlogHer conference. What a beautiful hotel. The staff is amazing. My roommates checked in before I got there and the front desk gave me a room key in a snap. Our lovely room was on the top floor with a gorgeous view. The beds are very comfortable. It surprised me that the bathroom is spacious even for 4 people staying in a room. The location is nearby a variety of restaurants and shopping. I had the best roommates ever. Below is a photo of the view from our room.
Hope you enjoyed my first weekly favorites! Tell me what some of your favorites were for the week!